Looking for a job with better benefits? That’s definitely not too much to ask for, and while the quest for fair benefits has led more than a few employees to a Los Angeles wrongful termination attorney’s office, there are still companies around who take care of their workers without any fuss or underhanded dealings. Check out these five amazing tech giants if you’re ever thinking about making a change.
Everyone knows about Amazon, and chances are you’ve used the service to order some items or watch a few movies. While the benefits offered can vary based upon what position you have with the organization, the perks provided to full-time employees seem generous:
- Multiple medical plan options, including health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, and dental/vision plans.
- A 401(k) plan that allows employees to defer compensation for long-term savings matched by the company. Also offers investment options.
- Life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance, along with company paid disability plans.
- Family leave following the birth or adoption of a child, along with a flexible return-to-work program.
- Paid time off and a modest employee discount on Amazon-shipped products.
What’s more, according to some news reports, the company also offers substantial tuition reimbursement, one that “prepays 95 percent of tuition for courses related to in-demand fields,” be they Amazon-related or not.
Electric car manufacturer Tesla is another tech company that offers considerable benefits to those who work there. These benefits cover a wide range of needs, including:
- A family leave plan
- Health/vision/dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and retirement plans
- Paid Time Off/Vacation Time
They’ve also got their Perks at Work program, which offers a number of discounts, online classes, and more for employees and their families to take advantage of.
This social media company touts says it provides the resources its employees need to thrive. So it makes sense they have an expansive benefits program that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness reimbursement programs
- Paid family leave
- Family planning support
- Assistance with newborn expenses
- Retirement plans
- Life insurance
- Paid time off and lengthy paid breaks
Beyond that, the company seems dedicated to creating a community atmosphere at their workplaces that enriches the lives of its employees in unique and creative ways. This includes their “Life@ Clubs” that help employees build meaningful connections and their Facebook Resource Groups that offer further support to employee success.